Havard Virtuous Leadership Institute (HVLI) is the most outstanding leadership
institute that institutionalizes virtuous leadership across the world. The
Institute's founder; Prof. Alexandre Havard established a 12 - point model that
characterizes leadership as follows;-
1) That authentic leadership must be based on an authentic anthropology, one that
includes aretology, the science of virtues.
2) That leadership is about achieving greatness by bringing out the greatness in
others. Magnanimity (greatness) and fraternal humility (service), which are
principally virtues of the heart, constitute the essence of leadership.
3) That leadership is a life ideal, because the specific virtues it draws
on-magnanimity and fraternal humility-are themselves life ideals.
4) That the virtues of prudence (practical wisdom), courage, self-control and
justice, which are mainly virtues of the mind and the will, constitute the
foundations of leadership.
5) That humility in its proper sense is the habit of living in the truth.
6) Leaders are trained, not born.
7) The leader does not lead by means of potestas or the power inherent in his office
or functions.He leads by means of auctoritas, which proceeds from character.
8) To grow in virtue, the heart, the will and the mind come into play.
9) By practicing the virtues, leaders become mature in their judgments, emotions,
10) Leaders reject a utilitarian approach to virtue.
11) Leaders practice virtue ethics, rather than rules-based ethics.
12) The practice of the specifically Christian virtues of faith, hope and charity
has a powerful impact on leadership.
Virtuous Leadership brings success to any organization, from family units to large
international corporations, because it fosters the creation of a culture based on
authentic human values. To learn more, Please View Website.
Our Vision EthicEA’s vision is the leading ethics & integrity social and economic reference organization in the East African region. Its certificate and logo is the mark and brand of ethics & integrity for business; a sign of trust and confidence.
What We Do We raise public awareness on Ethics, Integrity and
Virtuous Leadership issues, conduct and share ethics research findings by analyzing gaps, strengths and opportunities on both current and emerging issues and then produce new ideas and solutions that are vital for public interest and trust.
EthicEA conducts training to organizations on ethics & integrity in both public and private sector with particular emphasis on corruption prevention. We engineer the development, management and how to maintain instruments that support Ethics, Integrity and
There is need to Institutionalize Ethics & Virtuous Leadership in Africa. Please donate generously for this worthy course. Click on FUNDING and DONATIONS
UP - COMING ETHICS AND VIRTUOUS LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS:
STRATHMORE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL LECTURE - "TRANSFORMATIONAL LEADERSHIP FOR A PROSPEROUS KENYA GUEST SPEAKER - MR. ELIJAH ACHOCH - CEO - KENYA POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION
TARGET GROUP;- DIPLOMATS,
ALL SENIOR OFFICIALS FROM BOTH PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SECTORS,
MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
STUDENTS FROM INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING
DATE: - 25TH SEPTEMBER, 2013
VENUE:- STRATHMORE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
FEES:- KSHS. 4, 000.00 (EXCLUDING TAXES) - EQUIVALENT TO USD 47.00
FOURTH (4TH) EAST AFRICA - ETHICS OFFICER CERTIFICATION PROGRAM – 7TH – 11TH OCT, 2013 – PANAFRIC HOTEL – NAIROBI – KENYA
TARGET GROUP; Compliance managers/officers; Human Resource Managers/officers;
Risk managers/officers; Ethics/Integrity managers/officers;
Corruption prevention managers/officers; Internal auditors; Security
Officers and all those interested on ethics certification.
DATE; 7TH – 11TH OCTOBER, 2013
TRAINER; - Professor Willem Landman – Executive Director – Ethics Institute of South Africa